bij Ontoforce in Gent (fulltime)
Ontoforce is an exciting start-up, using the force of the Semantic Web to easily discover new insights in massive amounts of complex data. Initially focused on the pharma sector, our product will offer an intuitive interface to execute performant and previously impossible browsing and searching in combinations of complex data sets.
The software developer is part of the software team. The team is responsible for the perfect design of new products in the field of Semantic Web and Big Data Integration (Disqover), the execution of upgrades, writing documentation and making installation procedures.
As the requirements of our products are at a very high level, requirements for the personnel are similar. Therefore he or she needs outstanding technical skills, understanding of systems used in the context of Big Data Integration, web development, linked data/ semantic web, as well as good communication skills.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, develop and modify software components following an Agile and TDD/BDD software development methodology
- Fix bugs and update software versions, and by doing so you participate in the improvement of the software
- Work closely with the software architects and team members, and ensure up-to-date technical knowledge for yourself and for the team
- Develop and perform software system testing, integration testing and validation procedures
- Be prepared to travel occasionally.
- University degree in engineering (or equal by experience)
- At least 3 to 10 years of IT experience
- Extensive experience with product development (combination of GUI, back-end, data level)
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with TDD/BDD (we use rspec/cucumber/jasmine)
- Experience with server development using an application framework such as J2EE, JBoss, Django or Rails
- Good knowledge of Ruby (or other OO language), Rails, database architecture
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented design and programming
- In depth understanding of Linux or UNIX, databases
- Contributed to a project in the Open Source Field (is a plus)
- Experience in Semantic Web, RDF, SPARQL (is a plus)
- Knowledge of Java (is a plus)
- Other technical knowledge is an advantage
- Good communicator
- Able to cope with the requirements of a startup environment. High pace of change, rethinking existing processes and technologies
- Able and wanting to work in an environment which offers a high degree of freedom, demands initiative and expects responsibility.
- Thinking in terms of solutions
- Focus on efficiency & effectiveness
- To continue where others stop, in order to solve root causes instead of producing fixes
- Think out-of-the-box while keeping the basics in mind
- Able to work in an multi-cultural and multi site context
- Eager to come to results
- Have spoken and written knowledge of English
Send your CV to email@example.com
Recente jobs bij Ontoforce