(Senior) Data Analyst with a strong business understanding
bij KPMG in Brussel (fulltime)
KPMG is one of the world’s leading international networks of service organizations in the fields of Audit, Tax, Advisory and Accounting, with more than 138,000 professionals in 150 countries worldwide. In Belgium, we employ more than 900 people, spread over six offices: Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Hasselt, Liège and Louvain-la-Neuve
A data analyst specialist has the ability to gain insights from data and turn data into a strategic asset for the company
In order to cope with the expansion of the department, we are currently looking for a ‘(senior) data analyst’ to strengthen our enthusiastic team.
At our clients, you will be involved in short- or long-term data engagements where you will assist them in achieve their business goals, using data-driven evaluation and improvement methodologies and tools.
You will work together with an enthusiastic team of both business and technical data analytics experts and professionals from our other practices, e.g. ERP Advisory, Risk & Compliance, Program & Project Management, leadership and subject matter experts in order to successfully complete data analytics and (continuous) process improvement engagements.
Key activities will include:
- Understand the business requirements, identify, evaluate and report areas of improvement and assist in defining insightful recommendations for improvement towards our clients
Interact with process owners, managers and other client stakeholders
- Collect and analyze internal and external data to generate knowledge and value for our clients
- Design and develop metrics that provide insightful information in the business operations of our clients
- Design queries using multiple Business Intelligence packages
- Develop creative solutions for presenting data analysis results
- Support the development of innovative technological solutions for (continuous) process monitoring, data analytics and reporting/visualisation
- Provide support in product development, proposals and further research
- You will be part of a successful team that can understand and translate the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization into a data-driven sustainable solution.
- To be a successful (senior) data analyst you need specific functional, technical and personal skills or the talent to develop yourself further in these skill areas:
- You have a master degree in (applied) computer science, commercial science, mathematics or econometrics, ideally in combination with an MBA or related education
- You have acquired 3 to 5 years of experience in defining and delivering data analytics solutions to solve business problems, process improvement, business transformation, data analytics or related role, preferably within a consultancy organization
- You are passionate about data and its added-value to sustainable business improvement and you show a keen interest in process analysis, data analytics, reporting and improvement
- You have a strong knowledge of data structures within ERP packages (e.g. SAP, MS, Dynamics, Oracle,…)
- You have basic knowledge of databases, SQL, query building, reporting and/or programming languages (e.g. VB.net, C#, …)
- You are eager to turn raw data in strategic information and proposes creative solutions for presenting dashboards, KPI’s and operational reports
- Being result-oriented with expert problem solving and analytical skills is your trademark
- You have good communication skills (Dutch, French and English), both written and spoken and are an excellent team player
- You are flexible to work within a fast-paced startup environment
At KPMG you are appreciated for your professional skills and expertise. Surrounded by a strong team spirit in an international and dynamic work environment, you will find the knowledge that is enriching for your career.
Besides a competitive remuneration package, we offer you a great number of extra-legal advantages such as flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, net allowances, group & hospitalization insurance, lease car with fuel card, laptop and Ipad, as well as the opportunity to work for major clients in various industry sectors.
We will provide you a continuous support in your professional development and career opportunities.
Recente jobs bij KPMG