Backup and Archiving Officer (FG IV)
bij European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in Cologne - GERMANY (fulltime)
Safety is our Mission
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is a European Union agency responsible for aviation safety in Europe. EASA promotes the highest common standards in safety and environmental protection in civil aviation in Europe and worldwide. Based in Cologne, Germany, the agency employs more than 700 highly specialised professionals from across the continent.
As a Backup and Archiving Officer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining new and existing IT backup and archiving systems and solutions.
Your main tasks will be:
- Planning and designing backup and archiving strategies to ensure data protection including developing and evaluating new backup products and services;
- Guaranteeing successful implementation of data & systems synchronisation;
- Drafting guidelines to implement assigned tasks according to ISO standards;
- Assisting operational and problem management with providing backup solutions.
Your profile: High-flyers of Europe
EASA recruits the brightest talents from all over Europe to ensure the highest safety and environmental standards in aviation. You should have:
- A completed university degree or professional experience in a relevant field;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing backup and archiving systems as well as expertise in designing strategies in virtualized environments including backup and archiving products;
- An excellent command of one of the official EU languages.
You must be a national of an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
How to apply
For further information about EASA’s recruitment procedure and the conditions of employment, please consult our recruitment website, the official vacancy notice and the eRecruitment User-Guide.
http://www.easa.europa.eu/recruitment/recruitment.php by completing an application form and uploading a letter of motivation.
Applications close 3 December 2012, 23:55 CET.