Systems and Solutions Architecture Officer (FG IV)
bij The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in Cologne - GERMANY (fulltime)
Safety is our Mission
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is a European Union agency responsible for aviation safety in Europe. EASA promotes the highest common standards in safety and environmental protection in civil aviation in Europe and worldwide. Based in Cologne, Germany, the agency employs more than 700 highly specialised professionals from across the continent.
As a Systems and Solutions Architecture Officer you will be in charge of designing and developing complex IT solutions and optimising the Agency’s information systems or software architecture.
You will be responsible for:
· Setting up and maintaining an application development and architecture model (including internal software developments as well as existing software);
· Assisting with the ongoing development of EASA information systems and software architecture and providing guidance and structure in this regard;
· Reviewing challenges during the development of IT solutions; and
· Ensuring the quality of proposed solutions from a perspective of the system’s architecture.
Your profile: High-flyers of Europe
EASA recruits the brightest talents from all over Europe to ensure the highest safety and environmental standards in aviation. You should have:
· A university degree or professional training in Computer/IT Science, Mathematics or Information Systems or another relevant field;
· Experience in large scale information system design;
· Experience in developing and modelling complex business processes and transferring them into IT solutions;
· Proven knowledge of current technology and services in IT architecture; and
· Fluency (written and spoken) in English and a thorough understanding of a second official EU-language.
It will be advantageous if you have experience in working in a System Development Environment (including the respective tools), in developing and implementing the framework of a large-scale system and with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks. You must be a national of an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
How to apply
You can apply on our website on http://www.easa.europa.eu/recruitment/recruitment.php, by completing an application form and uploading a letter of motivation.
For further information about EASA’s recruitment procedure and the conditions of employment, please consult our recruitment website, the official vacancy notice and the eRecruitment User-Guide.
Applications close 1 October 2012, 23:55 CET